- Success! Our 9×9 FTP now has a place in the Football Foundation’s pipeline
- Football Foundation application to be submitted by 13th January 2025
- Funding decision expected no later than 20th April 2025
- Project on track for completion in Autumn 2025
- Great news! Torpoint Town Council has been offered £85,000 to support the design, construction and build of the 9×9 Football Turf Pitch following a successful Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) funding bid to Cornwall Council. Thank you to all our partners for their ongoing support
3G Football Turf Pitch 2025!
It has been an aspiration in the local community to have improved sporting facilities in Torpoint for many years, with a MUGA or all-weather type facility being developed on the College site. We are delighted to share with you there is now a very real opportunity for this aspiration to become a reality.
We are working in collaboration with the Torpoint Town Council, Plymouth YMCA, Torpoint and Rame Active Community Network and Cornwall FA to have a 3G Football Turf Pitch built behind the YMCA Sports Hall by the end of 2025. The group is also working with local football clubs and the Argyle Community Trust who will be key to the delivery of football and wider sporting outcomes and support.
Community engagement and support will be key to the success of the project. This has already started and there is lots planned over the comings weeks and months. Updates on the progress of the project, and further information on the facility itself, will be added to this page as it becomes available.